Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Guard Standing

The Guard Standing 

Empty, be the house when the children leave; as is the tree in winter which lay quiet.  Matters not the reason why the leaves return; nor the house no longer empty.  For once again the house filled, as are the trees in spring. 
Hear me now these words I speak.  The trees and all living things belong to Him.  Yet those in this house fall under my protection, blessed by Him.  Gifts given most precious for these are the children of my child.  I watch them sleeping; those small angelic faces, lay peaceful in the quiet. 
Once again the guard is standing; attempt no wrong here.  Wish you peace, then it is His peace I give thee.  Yet if harm be your desire, then leave this place of peace.  For the horror that be the guard standing will greet you; and this greeting unrelenting you do not understand nor wish for, I swear it.
Think me to old, you are as a fool.  Know you not of a father’s love be as the grandfather.  Love given, without question; my life for theirs from heartbeat to heartbeat; the guard is stood. 

© 2009 2010 Words the Windows to the Soul

1 comment:

  1. Mark
    Your words are so true and as always they come from your heart,This say what in many Father hearts
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete