Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Fate

Fate
As I look to the past I wonder was my life worthy of its blessings.
Was the test passed, or be it just a failing grade was earned.
Had fate played the cruelest of jokes, the illusion of life’s happiness.  Oh what price was paid for this test taken.
Future clouds now my present; as my steps unsure ever forward.
Yet have I not paid the toll on this path misleading.
How be it then my past is here that I must look again into that which was earned.  Or be the illusion again my test to pass. 
Still wonder I if  any of my deeds worthy; was any difference made by that which was my life’s test.  Or be it just a dream, life’s illusion; the cruel  joke of  fate

© 2009 2010 Words the Windows to the Soul

4 comments:

  1. Mark
    we all have things in our past we wish where not there, but they are apart of what make us who we are today, all we can do is keep walk forward, one day at time,
    take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the cruel joke" as you put it, Mark...I grappled with that for years...as probably every parent does/ did that lost a chid...I'm so glad we found each other, hopefully, we can help each other through some roughspots...I don't know...But on thing I know for sure...Your thoughts and poems do help me at cruicial times..thanks, Mark...Love...always...cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is forever a test; forever a journey to yet another destination. Every step along the way counts! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the paths we take on life. Are they the right ones and when later you see you may have taken the wrong one, how does one return to the junction so that the proper path can be taken. Yes I often wonder is it a test or just a cruel joke. When is the breaking point. How long can one endure. But endure we do for the spirit in us will not die. I am so glad you stopped in. I needed to be brought here. There are times I so connect with your writing. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete