Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Darkness Hidden

Darkness Hidden

I came upon a man; so evident was his pain. Sun’s light had yet to bring life to the night. Yet his eyes held that darkness hidden; of the story not yet told. A bell that tolled only once ended his joy. His love gone as is the sound of the bell. What be this hellish place; in this darkness, where now his heart dwells; and his soul mourns. As we spoke his anger not yet quenched. Nothing could stem the burning hatred of the Almighty. Still be I silent, as he spoke. My soul cries out; for his tears long since dried. He spoke of wife of thirty years. The breaking of his heart; one could not mistake the pain.  My soul weeps for one such as this.  As for him, life be worthless; in that darkness hidden. Till the time comes
for the bell, to toll for him.


For a Man I met today
© 2010 Words The Windows to the Soul

No comments:

Post a Comment