Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Ride America

Ride America
The men and women that have worn the uniform of this great nation.  Have fought in the name of America.  Only to find when they return; another battle awaits them.  After facing death in combat; they must now come home and fight again.  For their families; and the right to support them.  Veterans come home to find no job waiting for them; just the debt of serving their county.  Still this be seen every day, families destroyed not by gunfire but by the lack of money. Hopeless, no the fight continues; I know this all to well, that is why Ride America must succeed.  It is said that the Veterans have lost their taste for fight.  Yet this is one Veteran that has and will not quit, ever; Ride America...
It has been said that I have to much experience for this job.  I have heard every reason that exists and still unemployed.  Yet I have not lost hope; for a challenge has been made.  And accept I shall, for this be something; or so I have been told, again  "you are to old, and out of shape"; and indeed in this my experience is somewhat lacking, as I have not been on a bicycle in 40 years. So Ride America I shall.  I have no trainer, trip planner, or anyone to locate sponsors.  Some will say I have lost my mind and indeed they have done so already.  Yet never tell a Marine or any Veteran  what he or she can't do.  

© 2011 Word the Windows to the Soul

4 comments:

  1. Mark is one of the bravest, most caring & giving people that I have met. This will not be an easy task, but that has never stopped him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark
    My Brother you, are one of the most care people I know, your heart care more for other then it dose for your self,always know that you are in the hearts of many, you are not old Mark, for what in your heart is strong and will carry you on this path that will not just help you but so many others as well,
    Take care my Brother
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very powerful words and convictions. You shall ride again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The task that is before me, comes with a price. I just hope that the grandkids don't miss me too much. But this will go forward, and maybe just maybe bring attention to what America is facing. The rest of world looks to the free world sitting on our hands. I'll be sitting but it will be on a bicycle, and The Ride...

    ReplyDelete