Tuesday, November 30, 2010

LIfe

Life
Anger's rage kills not quickly; the death is slow and painful as life be consumed by the anger which fuels the rage.  Fool not yourself; anger left, will turn to that which kills.  One must act to turn anger outward; thus the fuel can not burn.  If I could but learn one thing; would this not make riches pale. Oh to have this awesome power, be this wealth more precious than gold.  Yet how can I find something that I can not see; for my eyes blinded by anger.  So to with all man; oh will we never see life without anger.   Is this really life, be there nothing else; or be death the only answer.  I will tell thee this set free your anger; thus the fuel shall burn no longer.  Then you will see the wealth that has always been more precious than gold; for now your eyes see without anger, Life.....

© 2010 Words the Windows to the Soul


2 comments:

  1. My brother, this poem strikes home especially hard at the moment. The sense of loss I feel is greater than any emotion I have ever felt and it's all I can do to resist the call for vengeance against those I feel are responsible. I've tried to get out with the camera but I'm just not into it. I've tried to write and the words won't come. The hatred burning within is beyond description.

    It's times like this that I am especially grateful for the support of friends and family but most of all the certain knowledge that you have my six.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a woman I know what it means to give life...I also experienced that this life can be taken away from me...just like that...that's where my anger, and, sometimes my rage comes in...but at the same time, I try to cultivate compassion...I find it helps soothe the pain...

    ReplyDelete