Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Hope

Hope

Flicker does the candle in darkness. The flame kisses the air; and gives light to the room.  Yet then why brings us not what we seek.  Or be it that we know not that which is sought.  Still the candle burns and lights our journey.  Where be we bound and what do we seek.  Oh candle speak, that we may not lose hope; as we walk in this darkness surrounding.  Wonder do I will the candle's light burning extinguished; by that which be the unseen wind.  Thus the end; for without light can we find our way, journey uncertain.  Fear not, oh ye that has hope; for that which be unseen will not put out the true light of hope...

© 2011 Words the Windows to the Soul

2 comments:

  1. Mark
    the candle is the light that show us what road to take it is our guide, keep us moving forward on the right road
    So good to see your poem Mark
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of a CCR tune from the long gone days of my misspent youth:

    Put a candle in the window
    'cause I feel I gotta move.
    Thought I'm goin' goin'
    I'll be comin home soon
    long as I can see the light.

    Pack my bag and let's get moving
    'cause I'm bound to drift a while.
    When I'm gone gone
    you don't have to worry
    long as I can see the light.

    Guess I've got that travelin' bone
    'cause this feeling won't leave alone.
    But I won't won't
    be losin' my way
    long as I can see the light.

    Bet you thought I was gonna quote Bad Moon Rising, didn't you? I said my misspent youth. Bad Moon Rising reminds me of the good work you and i and a lot of other good men were doing at the time.

    ReplyDelete